Organic Meals and Juices
Discover the difference between delicious, colorful, appetizing, organic meals and what other programs would have cancer patients eat. Our staff takes great pride in making your stay the best it can be. First they talk with you and determine what you like and don’t like. Next, they painstakingly go to work planning and preparing meals to pleasure the senses.
“A 2014 meta-analysis found that conventionally grown produce was four times more likely to have pesticide residue than organically grown crops. ...” For cancer patients it is essential not to add more toxins than they are already have due to the pathology as well as required treatments.
Materials or practices not permitted in organic farming include:
- Synthetic fertilizers to add nutrients to the soil
- Sewage sludge as fertilizer
- Most synthetic pesticides for pest control
- Irradiation to preserve food or to eliminate disease or pests
- Genetic engineering, used to improve disease or pest resistance or to improve crop yields
- Antibiotics or growth hormones for livestock